Marketing is one of the major functions of the firm; marketing has even become a synonym for market oriented management. Whatever type of company and area of industry, marketing plays a decisive role for corporate success. Thus the objectives of the course are:
- to make students familiar with thinking and deciding from a market point of view
- to develop overall marketing objectives and strategies
- to provide students with knowledge on marketing instruments
- to give insight into marketing processes (information gathering, planning, control)
- to enable students to understands pre-requisites, implications, and effects of marketing decisions
Company examples and case studies play an important role to show the practical implications of marketing theory and support a knowledge transfer into the firm.