Master of Business Administration – Oil & Gas Management
The Strategy in Oil & Gas course is a state-of-the-art workshop that gives managers, consultants and coaches the knowledge to develop an effective strategy for their business or clients’ business in our extremely challenging business enviroment. Pressure for short term financial results and shareholders value does not release executives from the responsibility for the long term success. If they want to reach excellence in their business they have to be capable of articulating a strategy that differentiates from the competition.
This course will hone your intuition and equip you with tools to turn strategic ideas into actions. You will be provided with state-of-the-art concepts that have been validated in the field as well as the latest developments in strategic thinking and you will learn through case studies a scheme of how to use them in several business situations. You will sharpen your competitive skills and change the way you will strategically manage your business.
At this Advanced Leadership course an exciting leadership and teambuilding event at a sports ground takes place and it provides the students with a basic understanding of the leadership challenges of business. The students split up into several teams and the local sports centre team explain the rules. The team leaders get briefed in the theoretical elements of the team-leading and team-building processes which have to be realized.
Before the match begins each team leader “recruits” its team, allocates certain roles and positions to their members and sets the strategy. After this the game begins. Team self reflection and feedback processes under ´real-life` difficult circumstances such as time and performance pressure take place. Strengths and weaknesses get identified which lead to adaptations in the roles, positions and strategies of the teams. This gives a fresh perspective on the game and the adjustment of the teams’ strategies lead to an optimized way of confronting the opponent.
Before rounding off the evening with delicious burgers and drinks, the students and the staff reflects on the match according to their initial goals and strategies. The strategy amendments and their implementation get discussed as well as the “leadership-lessons” learned.
International marketing is a deepening approach within the broad field of marketing. Nowadays, most companies have a more or less international orientation. The corresponding activities are including export / import, licensing, joint ventures, subsidiaries. The degree of internationalisation is different, but the general tendency is towards more and more global companies. Under these circumstances, marketing is a more challenging task. The objectives of the course thus are:
- to make students familiar with internationalisation and globalisation effects and their repercussions on marketing
- to analyse international market environments and their risks . to discuss specific international objectives and strategies
- to provide students with knowledge on internationally adapted marketing instruments
- to discuss international marketing process tools, e.g. international marketing research
To achieve a deeper understanding, various real life case studies will be studied to highlight specific issues of international marketing.
Today most practicing managers - even of small and middle sized companies - are involved in international commercial and financial transactions. Therefore they need to have a general understanding of the legal aspects of carrying out transnational transactions by private-sector parties.
The objectives of this module are the following:
- to get familiar with legal vocabulary and principles of Business Law (Civil Law, Commercial Law, Labour Law, Law of Business Associations)
- to provide the students with a basic understanding of the legal aspects of international business
- to show how an international manager has to take into account foreign legislation
- to apply legal concepts for solving business problems.
There is increasing recognition of the significance of the Human Resources of an Organisation being it's KEY resource. The debate surrounds the issue of whether this comment remains at the level of rhetoric and what organisations can do to best utilise this critical resource. The challenge for HR professionals is to deliver Performance improvement within a context which is often sceptical about the contribution of HR to overall strategy.
The aim of this course is to confront the issues associated with Human Resource Management's contribution to achieving organisational objectives. Specific reference will be made to:
- The meaning and understanding of Strategic HR Management
- Management development and it's linkage to Organisational Development
- Performance management with particular reference to reward management
- International HR issues
The module leader has written a number of case studies based on his consultancy experience in a variety of industrial sectors and these will be used to support the learning process.
Manager in the Oil & Gas Industry do not only need to think entrepreneurially but also have to understand the financial relations within the company in order to achieve long-term success for the company.
This course will help manager from the Oil & Gas industry to improve rapidly their finance skills and develop a good understanding of main financial concepts.
The explanation of P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Key Performance Ratios of Oil & Gas enterprises and the connection to strategy, business operations and corporate results will help you sharpen their finance know-how and equip them with the skills to manage their business successfully.
The innovative Oil & Gas Management course provides students with in-depth knowledge in the specialized field of the Oil and Gas industry within a state-of-the-art business simulation game. Students learn how to develop their leadership skills and make key decisions within the energy industry.
Over the course students:
- Create “Business Awareness” representing and visualizing the business processes of an Oil & Gas company
- Become strategy and finance experts in the Oil & Gas industry
- Understand the “Big Picture” of Oil & Gas operations and processes:
- Plants, Suppliers, Customers, HQ, Projects and Expansions
- Create awareness about the different contributions of the process partners
- Discover areas to cooperate better with other process partners within or outside the Oil & Gas company
- Understand the basic financial implications of the Oil & Gas business
- Explain specific financial and performance indicators of the Oil & Gas business
- Create awareness about the importance of HSE protection and the potential impact of business operations
- Develop scenarios to increase business productivity and decrease expenses
Overview and Aims
The aim of this programme is to enable participants to develop specific skills that are pivotal to successful management and effective leadership. This programme encourages participants critical thinking and problem solving skills, develops their team working and interpersonal skills. By enhancing these skills participants will develop their levels of emotional intelligence and hence their credibility within the organisation.
The programme has a direct application to the work environment and participants are encouraged to draw upon their current (and past) work experience in order to contextualise their learning. As a result learners are encouraged to become more aware of themselves, their diverse personality traits, attributes and beliefs, and how these shape their own approach to work and that of colleagues. This strong sense of self awareness and awareness of others underpins the successful practice of management and effective leadership.
The programme will cover the following areas:
- Enhancing working effectiveness: to include establishing organisational and personal values and goal setting, strategic stakeholders’ analysis, personal resilience and managing stress.
- Effective communication: active listening, identification of needs, communication styles, presenting with impact.
- Negotiation skills: conflict management, understanding differences, the cultural dimension.
- Decision making: analysis and problem solving, creative thinking, project management and tracking, risk management.
- Emotional Intelligence: positive mental state, understanding self, building relationships.