MBA in Shipping
The MBA in Shipping is being offered as a hybrid part-time or full-time programme at the ZEBS and GMC premises in Zurich and Athens with a duration of 1 year.
The MBA is comprised of the following 22 modules, which cover all important areas of the shipping business beyond traditional MBA areas like Leadership, Strategy, Finance and Digital Marketing:
- Financial Management in Shipping
- Strategy in Shipping
- Exercising Leadership: Foundational Principles + HARVARD certification
- You Can Innovate: User Innovation & Entrepreneurship + MIT certification
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing + University of Maryland certification
- Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success + Imperial College London certification
- Applied Leadership
- Ship Types and Cargo Handling
- Law and legislation 1
- Maritime English
- International Safety Management (ISM) Implementation + GMC Certification
- International Ship and Port Facility (ISPS) Implementation + GMC Certification
- Energy Efficiency Management
- Ballast Water Management
- Marine Environmental Awareness
- MLC Implementation (Maritime Labour Convention)
- International Safety Management (ISM) Implementation Internal Auditor + GMC Certification
- International Ship and Port Facility (ISPS) Implementation Internal Auditor + GMC Certification
- DPA Designated Person Ashore + GMC Certification
- HSQE Management (Health Safety Quality Environmental) + GMC Certification
- Maritime Resource Management + GMC Certification
- IoT in Shipping
Students gain the UK-accredited MBA degree (UK Level 7, 120 UK credits/60 ECTS) from ZEBS.
In addition, learners receive diverse world-class certifications from Harvard University in Leadership, MIT in Innovation, Imperial College London in Creative Thinking, University of Maryland in Digital Marketing and GMC certifications in shipping specialisations.
Students, who have already gained the Executive Certificate in Shipping and/or the Executive Diploma in Shipping get their credits transferred into the MBA and will have to attend only the remaining courses of the MBA.
ZEBS and GMC also offer lectures given by international business leaders. These interactive presentations expose the student body to real-world business experience and open exchange of methodologies and information in the shipping industry.